Sunday, July 22, 2012

Bookmark Kit

Hello again friends.  And how is the weather in your little corner of the world?  If it's like mine, you're wet!  It doesn't rain here, it floods.  Lately every night.  And the days are cloudy if it's not raining.  I can't get outside to take good pictures, so I hope you'll cut me some slack.

I have been a life member of Creative Home Arts Club for a few years now.  When I first joined, I received a bimonthly magazine called Today's Creative Home Arts.  It had all sorts of neat crafts.  Well, it seems they have changed internally and no longer print that magazine.  They changed to a scrapbooking mag called Creating Keepsakes.  I'm not too happy about that since I don't scrapbook.

To make a long story short, they let members test products and I finally was chosen for one.  I was sent a Blooming Bookmarks & Barrette Kit.
















Ok, now I would have liked something like a punch, or pretty paper, or even markers.  Ribbon bookmarks?  Well, I did say that I liked sewing.  Ok, no prob.

The kit contained 3 ribbons, various buttons, needles, thread, floss and a barrette.















The instructions say to cut two 7 1/2" lengths of the yellow ribbon, and cut one 9 1/2' length of each of the other two ribbons.  This leaves three short lengths left over for the barrette.




At this point, I decided to assembly line them.  Easier that way.  I centered a yellow ribbon on each of the green and blue ribbons and pinned them in place.






Now comes the sewing.  I had to sew the yellow ribbon all the way around all four sides.    Instructions stated to zigzag on the machine or hand sew.  Rather than get my sewing machine out and then thread with the right color I chose to hand sew.


Now using the different buttons, I sewed them on randomly.  Then using the embroidery floss, made stems for them.  Then tied them together for a floral grouping.  And there you have it.  As far as the barrette goes, I will probably just wear it like it is.



I know you can't see the stems on this picture but they're there.  I wasn't too happy with the results.  I informed the club of this too.  Needless to say, I did not give a good review of the product.  Maybe next time they will think twice and give me somethin good!

Til next time, have fun.











4 comments:

  1. Oh you are too funny! I started with them and I was never satisfied with what was sent to be tested. I thought everything was a pile of junk! Needless to say, because of my review, I have not received anything in months, almost a year to be test! Wishing you a fab evening!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Loretta. At least now I know that I'm not the only one getting crapped over:) Kinda figured that was how it went.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the follow, Sweetheart! Happy to return the favor! =) Looking forward to seeing more of it! Thanks again! Have a beautiful week! XO

    ReplyDelete