Friday, February 8, 2013

For Daddy

My Daddy was a great man.  I wish you had known him.  There was no one that knew him that didn't like him.  No one.

I lost Daddy this week.  He left us on February 2 at 1:30 am.  He was 80 years old.
My favorite picture of
Daddy and Me
1958

Thanksgiving 2012


He was not Dad or Pop or Father or any of those other names.  He was simply Daddy.  He didn't have much, but he was so very rich in family and love.

I love you Daddy and will always be your little girl.
Julie

10 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss, Julie and truly heartbreaking :(

    I know it's tough, but hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mark. I'm not a writer like you so this was the best I could do.

      Delete
  2. Julie,

    I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray that the Lord covers you with peace. I love that picture of you with him. He was so handsome!

    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meredith. He was just as handsome at the end.

      Delete
  3. Oh, how sad. My heart goes out to you - it's such a hard time. It sounds like your memories and the love you shared will give you some comfort - I do hope so.

    My dad's sister died this week too. Extra-sad as my dad has Alzheimer's and can't retain the information. I think at least his memories of her will be of when she was young and not when she was ill.

    That's a gorgeous of you and your Daddy. Something to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy. I'm sorry for your loss also. I am totally remembering my Daddy in his non-ill days. I really can't think of him any other way.

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss, Wendy, but so very glad you have such warm and loving memories of your father.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry for your loss!

    Thanks for visiting my Diana Rambles blog. I am now following you.

    ReplyDelete