Thursday, October 22, 2015

Oscar Book Review

Oscar

By D.L. Smith


Oscar is a heartwarming story of a dog that even humans can relate to. 


Even when he was still a pup, Oscar has already experienced a lot of difficulties in his life. When he was still a newborn, he and his other siblings were thrown out in the snow. It was a blessing and a miracle when a little girl named Debbie found him and took him home. He was welcomed with open arms in Debbie’s family, and he grew up and spent his life with them. However, though he was loved and accepted by Debbie’s family, Oscar still felt incomplete and wanted to find his mother. Amidst all the challenges he experienced, including two life-threatening ones, Oscar remained virtuous and strong against all storms that life may bring. 

A story narrated by a dog, experienced by a dog, but filled with valuable lessons a human can uphold and treasure, Oscar is definitely a must read.
...........................................................................
***MY HONEST REVIEW OF Oscar***

Since Oscar and his litter mates were not purebred, they were thrown into a creek to drown. Oscar unintentionally was dropped along the way. When Little Debbie finds him, he discovers that all humans are not the same.


The author uses a style of writing for the younger reader. It is in simple form, but still enjoyable. I liked the narration by the dog. It gave a different point of view than just a human one. This was such a poignant and heartrending read. I like that as the characters grew older, the dog matured also. I could see in his character more emotions. Even though I know a good bit about it, it was eye-opening on some of the training that was discussed and used.  While reading this, I was reminded of the looks and reactions that I have gotten from my interaction with dogs. It makes me feel like I am more in tuned with them than before.

My review can also be found at:
    AMAZON     GOODREADS
...........................................................................

**The above opinions are 100% my own, whether I purchased the book or it was given to me to review.


Buy the book from...

Follow the Author

No comments:

Post a Comment