Thursday, May 12, 2016

Tale of the Haunted Video Game Book Review




Tale of the Haunted Video Game (Creep World #6)

Tale of the Haunted Video Game (Creep World #6)

By Luther Darkmore


Another Creep World tale from author Luther Darkmore! 

Retro game collecting can be fun, but sometimes the game wants to collects you! 

Dante Miller and his dad are obsessed with collecting retro videogames, so Dante is excited when he discovers a box of old games at an estate sale held at a house just outside of city limits. Many of the games are considered classics, and he's never played them, but one game in particular stands out -- the game titled Drabardi. 

The game doesn't have a proper label, and the grey cart simply has its name written in black marker. That isn't too uncommon with second hand games, but still, something about the game is off. It doesn't play like a normal game. When Dante loads it up, a pixelated fortune teller appears and asks for his information. As a joke, Dante enters his little sister Zelda's birth date and then asks the fortune teller a childish question, "When will my sister die?" 


Now things are getting really scary. The game said Zelda is going to die soon.... 

...........................................................................
MY REVIEW OF Tale of the Haunted Video Game

Dante and his dad shared the love of scouring estate sales for vintage video games. Their latest find is a game entitled “Drabardi”. But when a character from the game comes to life and threatens to harm Dante and his family, Dante believes the game is haunted. Upon researching its origin, Dante discovers the hidden evil intentions of the game’s creator.

This was truly a creepy story that gave me chills. It made me never want to play a video game that I’m not familiar with again. The story reminded me of the Goosebumps series, but was darker in context. I think a bit of humor mixed in would have helped to balance the story out. I felt that it may be too dark for some younger teens. I could sympathize with Dante as he felt guilty for everything that was happening. I remember feeling the same way at that age. 
...........................................................................

**The above opinions are 100% my own, whether I purchased the book or it was given to me to review.


Buy the book from...

Follow the Author

No comments:

Post a Comment