Sunday, September 18, 2016

You Watch For James Book Review

You Watch for James

By Brian Barton

You Watch for James by [Barton, Brian]
Who doesn’t love Carpool Karaoke? The YouTube smash hit series starring host James Corden is the essayist’s favorite segment of The Late Late Show with James Corden. Apple Music recently licensed Carpool Karaoke and is creating new episodes with a different host. The essayist has some strong opinions about the show’s new direction. You Watch for Jamesis a look at the magic and promise of Carpool Karaoke. 

Brian Barton (@realbrianbarton) is a USA Today featured author whose work has appeared in EsquireThe Times of London, and Time. He lives in New York City with his family and one adorable Labrador. 





...........................................................................
MY REVIEW OF You Watch for James

The unusual title is what caught my eye and drew me to this book. But as soon as I started reading it, the content grabbed hold of my undivided attention. Apparently, I am behind the times. I have never heard of Carpool Karaoke, nor that it is the new rave on YouTube. Before reading any further, I had to go online and see just what the author was raving about. An hour later, I was still watching the hilarious and sometimes awkward videos.


 I am unfamiliar with James Corden, and I have never watched him. But after watching the videos, I can see why he makes the perfect host. It’s clear to me that the reason this works so well is because he is singing along with the actual artist, as opposed to him staging it all himself. That would not interest me at all. And now that you have hooked me, you tell me that there will be a different host. I’m sorry, but I can’t see how changing would help. I agree with the author on that point. Thank you Mr. Barton for introducing me to this form of entertainment. I doubt I would have found it otherwise.
...........................................................................

**The above opinions are 100% my own, whether I purchased the book or it was given to me to review.


Buy the book from...

Follow the Author



More of my Brian Barton book reviews:

No comments:

Post a Comment