Friday, October 12, 2012

Fall Roses





How do you like my rose garden?  I call it Rose Island.  It's a work in progress. 

So far this month, it's mostly rained and been cool to cold weather.  


As you can see, the roses love it.  And the weeds too, of course.








There are 8 rose bushes planted around the circle.  I don't know the varieties so don't ask. :)  Not all are blooming yet.

In the middle is a weeping willow tree. 

I have 4 stepping stones meandering through it.  You can read about those here.














This red one has the most blooms.
















Light pink.
















Dark pink.
















Multi pink.



















Close-up of dark pink.













Closer-up of dark pink. 
Just gorgeous, don't you think?













This weeping willow tree was a 3" cutting about 3 months ago.  Since we planted it here, it has grown to over 10 foot tall!  It must love it's rose neighbors.

The 2 liter bottle gets filled with miracle grow about every 3 to 4 weeks.










So there you have it, my Rose Island.  I hope you enjoyed the tour. 

What do your flowers look like now?  Are they blooming good?

No comments:

Post a Comment