Saturday, April 11, 2015

Australian Tea Tree Oil

When I was asked to post a review of Australian Tea Tree Oil, I wasn’t sure how I would like the product. I’m not much on the scented oil kick, so I didn’t know what to expect. When I received my order, I was surprised that the bottle was way bigger than I expected.

I really didn’t know how to use it, or what it is used for. No problem. It comes with a 77 page booklet that you can download immediately. The book explains what it is, how it came about, and it even gives recipes for a variety of uses, 53 of them. You can find the Tea Tree Oil here.

Let me share a few of the assertions from the book:

For hundreds of years tea tree oil has been used to heal wounds, colds, skin problems and even sore throats. Today we know that the oil extracted from the Melaleuca tree serves a multitude of purposes from healing to cleaning and cosmetic treatments to holistic healing. It is also useful in the fight against bacteria, fungus and viruses, which is why it is helpful in fighting illness and cleaning germs around the home and office. It goes through a two-step process to help reduce skin irritation. Tea tree oil has the big three antimicrobial properties. First it acts as an antifungal to get rid of basic fungal infections. Next it has anti-viral properties to help you fight off infections. Part of the anti-viral properties of tea tree oil includes its work as an anti-bacterial, which kills bacteria and prevents it from growing. There is a growing concern regarding antibiotic resistance due in part to over prescribing. Therefore more people are looking for more natural methods of killing bacteria.

Once I received my bottle of tea tree oil, I did a skin test, as instructed, by rubbing a dot on my arm. It has a pleasant, woodsy smell to it that I enjoy. I can definitely see how it would be good for aromatherapy. I found myself sniffing that spot most of the day. One thing I must say is it should never be ingested. It is meant only for external use. If you have a known allergy to tea tree oil you should avoid any kind of contact with it.

I thought I would try a few of the recipes from the book, but most seem to include ingredients that I don’t keep on hand. The one I did try though was the Antibacterial Hand Scrub. Here is the recipe as it is in the book:

Antibacterial Hand Scrub
What You Need:· Soap dispenser (cleaned with hot water & dried)· ½ tbsp. Apothecary Extracts Tea Tree Oil· 1 lemon, juiced· 1 cup sea salt (medium fine grains)· 2 drops lemon essential oil· 1/3 cup olive oilMix It: Add all ingredients into a wooden mixing bowl and stir until well blended. Pour mixture into empty soap dispenser and place in bathroom and kitchen.Apply It: Pump handle once into your hands and rub thoroughly, about 30 seconds, before rinsing with hot water. 
I can’t tell you how much I love this scrub. I did leave out the lemon oil since my testing showed no irritation to full strength tea tree oil, plus I didn’t have any. It still has the lemon smell even without it. I can smell the tea tree oil too. The scrub leaves my hands smelling and feeling wonderful.


I will be trying a few of the cleaning recipes in the future. I would love for my home to have that smell. What can I say, I’m a woodsy kinda girl!

This review can also be found on the Amazon website.


DISCLAIMER NOTICE:  Disclosure: This blog may receive products mentioned for no charge and/or accept compensation. Regardless, all reviews and opinions are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment