Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Fannie Frog

Hello friends.  Just wanted to show you my new friend.














I've named her Fannie.  Fannie Frog.  I think it fits!  She's such a happy little thing, isn't she. 

I just took a store-bought 12 x 12 stepping stone and primed it with a dark green so that it will blend in with the grass, assuming I can get some to grow.  That's why all my pictures are taken in gravel, so you can't see my beautiful dirt yard!

Anyway, after priming the stone, I researched alot (and I mean alot) of pictures of frogs but none seemed to pop for me.  So out came the stack of newspapers and markers.  I drew and drew and the poor little thing kept getting fatter and fatter (I know that feeling) until I was satisfied with my drawing.  I then traced it onto the stone, painted, and spray sealed.

Now to find a spot in the yard for her.  Until next time, have fun!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Love the frog! Very cute. Where did she end up in the yard?

      Delete
    2. Thanks Anita. At the present,she is waiting for me to finish planting and mulching against my back porch. I plan to do a post with pics as soon as I have it finished.

      Delete