Sunday, May 14, 2017

Run Your Day & Stop Having It Run You Review

Run Your Day & Stop Having It Run You: A Guide to Time Management, Overcoming Procrastination, Goal Setting & Productivity for Professionals with Demanding Careers

By Kamlesh Thakur

Run Your Day & Stop Having It Run You: A Guide to Time Management, Overcoming Procrastination, Goal Setting & Productivity for Professionals with Demanding Careers by [Thakur, Kamlesh]
Time is quite like the dash that appears between a person’s time of birth and demise. It is the actions you take during that dash that determines whether you will be remembered, or forgotten. 

Time is the single biggest depreciating asset there is. It is also the most valuable asset, yet it can’t be bought by money or any form of material wealth. Time isn’t something that can be managed either. But what we choose to do in that time given to us is something we can learn to master and manage.

Force yourself to suffer the mental discipline today, so you NEVER suffer any form of regret later in life!







...........................................................................
MY REVIEW

The good thing about this book is that it is relevant to everyone, whether you are a high powered executive or just an everyday stressed out common person. I was intrigued with finding out how exactly the author was going to help me find more time in my day. I couldn’t believe how everything the author described as being done or thought by the majority of people, was describing me perfectly.

The first step to mastering time management is to focus on your goals, and always write them down. But this is only the start. You must then break it down into steps, and then prioritize each of the steps. I have never had any problem with that. My downfall has always been the follow through. According to the book, that is a common trait to the majority of people. It gives suggestions on what to do to overcome this.


I liked that the book leaves it up to me and only me for accountability. I’ve never believed in the mantra of sharing for accountability. You should look to yourself and your reasons for action. That is essentially what this book tells you to do. If you follow the principles outlined, you will succeed in getting a hold on more time, giving you more satisfaction in your life.
...........................................................................

**The above opinions are 100% my own, whether I purchased the book or it was given to me to review.


Buy the book from...

Follow the Author








No comments:

Post a Comment