Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Charcoal in the Dust Review




The Charcoal In The Dust

 By Nadia Aftab

The writer provokes thought envisioned in the inspiring of inner meaning, presented through a spiritual perspective. There is also a quality of sobriety in the somber realization of the ongoing battle between emotion within man from the depths of sorrow to a sense of elation. - The Charcoal in The Dust by Nadia Aftab

...........................................................................
***MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE CHARCOAL***

This book of poems will take you on a solemn journey. The words gave me a plethora of feelings, including despair, depression, and even foreboding. The ones on love though, did give a different, uplifting feel, almost secretive.

The poems didn't seem to be categorized, which had my mood swinging back and forth. I think it would help to swap them around, so that sorrow is with sorrow and happiness with happiness. This would give the book a better flow. Out of all of the poems, my favorite was the one specifically for the author’s father. I could really relate to it.

My review can also be found at:
    AMAZON     BARNES& NOBLE     GOODREADS
...........................................................................

**The above opinions are 100% my own, whether I purchased the book or it was given to me to review.


Buy the book from...

Follow the Author

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read too many poetry anthologies but I really want to start doing that soon because well, I write a lot of it! And I think poetry is terribly underrated nowadays. A poem a day keeps the brain alive ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poetry puts you in a different state of mind. I love to read good poetry.

      Delete